Welcome to Brain Software Podcast, Episode # 118 where we continue our awesome series on the simple principles of effective communication!
And check out the show notes below while you’re listening. Make sure you send in your questions, which will be used in future podcasts! And come to Toronto and study with us!
Here are the show notes:
Emanating from the Hypnotic World Epicenter! We are here to show you how to be the best, of the best, as a communicator! It’s a white day, and a windy day, here at the Dyatlov Pass with The People’s Physicist, Dave Ambrose…but more importantly:
What ever happened to that old tranquility we used to know?
These are days of victory!!!
The Word of the Day from the Think Tank is: FACADE
- It makes Mike think of Disney World buildings…
- Was that your greatest failure of all time?
- Email questions from Roxanne…PTSD, social anxiety…etc.
- What can you still do? Celebrate small victories!
- Mandel Model says: Detraumatize first!
- Know your audience! (Don’t you hate speakers like that?)
- Develop flexibility of behaviour!
- Stop saying: I’ll try…(but you can “try things on for size”)
- Autonomy Rules! We hate it when others tell us what to do!
- Our language limits us! We can limit ourselves with our language
- Instant Influence by Michael Pantalon is an excellent book, so buy it!
- In a study, people did the exact opposite of what they were told to do or not do!
- We resist the arbitrary imposition of somebody else’s structure…
- If you reinforce autonomy first, you’ll be much more influential!
- Why is a useful word, but not when you’re focusing on a problem…
- Why might (x) be a great thing to do works really well!
Special Breaking News!
- Validate the other person, because invalidation is really bad!
- Make supportive sounds or offer back language to validate
- Chris talks about his poker-faced boss in a former job…
- The Deadpan Stare Invalidation Intervention!
- Mike brilliantly names Chris’ daughters: Fraylikka and Trojana!
Empowering Questions: Ask yourself: Who in my life is my greatest communication challenge, and what influence can I have that can and will make things much better? Which communication skill can and will I apply to improve things with that one person?
Empowering Metafive: The Flame Projectors
Ending: Henry Squatter learns a foreign language
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send us your questions for future episodes! You can either email them as text or record them using your phone’s voice recorder and email us the audio file! Email address is info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com
Important Links and Reminders:
Get our free rapid inductions tutorial because it’s really awesome!
Get our iPhone app NUVI at the App Store to learn Ericksonian language.
Come and join us at the Architecture of Hypnosis training in Toronto! We are accepting registrations for the June 24-28 and November 18-22 class in 2019.
See all of our upcoming live events here.