Hello and welcome to the Brain Software Podcast. This is episode #155 where we discuss beliefs and their enormous power...
Listen to the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 155
It's time...for another awesome episode of Brain Software!
You may be stuck indoors and locked-down in your own personal isolation tank, but remember:
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!!!
Or as the Spangler iron merchants from the Harappan River Valley say: Bavartsch!
So let's talk all about beliefs...and how they are secretly and sneakily running your life...
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 155
- Our new course on self hypnosis is now available!
- Beliefs help us make immediate decisions and take short-cuts
- "Belief delivers a direct command to your nervous system." - Tony Robbins
- If you believe you're a winner, your physiology will be different than if you believe you're a loser!
- It is irrelevant whether or not beliefs are true...Is it useful?
- Beliefs sort and filter data to confirm themselves...
- The confirmation bias means we look for data to support our beliefs!
- Every belief is a resource with a positive intention!
- Beliefs are generalizations that make it easy to make decisions...
- Beliefs create robust reality tunnels!
- Reality tunnels are the overall view built from beliefs...
- Beliefs are level 4 in Dilts' Logical Levels...
- Mike still believes he's a 5,000 year old wizard...
- "I am a heart surgeon!" isn't a good belief to adopt!
- The Gregory Peck intervention!
- When you have to make an "At least..." statement, there is something wrong!
- The Cultivated Applause from a city intervention! (Seattle works well)
- Basic Question: How does that belief serve you?
- If you change a belief, put an empowering belief in its place!
- Guilt is "I've done something wrong..." Shame is "There's something wrong with me!"
- What would you like to believe?
Empowering Questions: As yourself...what is the key belief that I've been holding onto for so long...that it's time to change it...and let it go now...and how amazing will it be when I put an empowering belief in it's place?
The blues in Boston
Ending: Henry Squatter and the calendar