Welcome to Episode 62 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! For this episode of the podcast we’ve taken the hypnotic storm to Las Vegas. That’s right! We recorded this on-scene at the Hypnothoughts Live 2015 conference. For more information on how to ride the hypnotic storm, rather than being swept away by it, check out the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy and join the growing cadre of Hypnotic Storm Riders, worldwide!
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Sorry for the distortion in the first 30 seconds. Chris screwed up with our portable sound recorder (but he admits it, so it’s OK.)
- Mike and Chris are on scene in Las Vegas with an army of storm riders. Chris has been talking too much so he has a rough voice.
- Our special guest is Scott Sandland, founder of Hypnothoughts.com, and he tells us how it all got started. But wait! There’s more! We also have special guest hypnosis storm riders who share their main thoughts from the conference. We’ve never had so many live guests in one show!
- Mike and Chris are newbies at this conference. It was our first year but we’ll be back next year and we sincerely encourage you to come too! It’s an amazing and fun event, and it’s super budget friendly.
- Hear us talk about William Wood, Michael Watson, Derrick Watkins, James Hazlerig, Dave and Cheryl Elman and Dave Snyder. All of these people were highlighted either by Mike and Chris or by our round-table discussion with students.
- Hear what Dan has to say about Mike Mandel as a speaker and his opinion on the Mandel Triangle. Hear about how he’s taking hypnosis skills into the courtroom during trials.
- Ryan talks about how great it was to connect with other hypnotists in Las Vegas. He also shares a cool self hypnosis technique that he picked up at the show.
- Rick tells us how incredible James Hazlerig’s presentation was on the topic of nested loop metaphors. Mike and Chris explain what these are and why they are useful.
- Lisa points out how much of an effect we had with our clan of storm riders wearing the same T-shirts. We wore these shirts for far too many days in a row, but whatever.
- Nadine loved Hypnothoughts Live because of the incredible variety of presentations available. Chris corrects her on a horrendous mistake (You’re welcome, Dave!)
- Mike was thrilled to find out that a few different instructors are using his explanation of the Elman induction to teach their students.
- Our own Louisiana Stephen talks about how his very first podcast was this one, and now he’s here with us!/li>
- Richard, one of our very first online hypnosis students, talks about a freaky and magical hypnotic induction Mike did on him. Listen to his story about disappearing shoulder pain.
- Haris talks about how he’s officially a “Mike Mandel boy” according to Larry Elman. Haris loved David Snyder’s presentation about detecting deception.
Wacky ending: None this time.
Please leave a rating for the show in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing info (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.
Remember to check out this blog post on pre-hypnotic work.