Welcome to Episode 85 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! This is the storm that won’t go away!
The loudest, most self-indulgent intro ever, leads to the finest podcast that anyone has ever recorded…
Check out the show notes below while you’re listening. Keep sending us topic suggestions and show feedback. We love hearing from all of you!
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike begins the show by admitting that he likes LOUD! And why not? He was into Black Sabbath way back in 1970!
- “If it’s too loud, you’re just too damn old!”
- Mike saw a plastic flying saucer being lifted by heavy equipment…
- Our student Florian has taken the hypnotic storm to Africa…The picture of the bell is proof!
- Check out Caveman Lodge in Zanzibar! You can see the bell…
- Whenever he gets fired, Chris just rehires himself.
- Self-directed neuroplasticity coming up…
- Las Vegas is looming…Come to Hypnothoughts Live 2017. Mike’s session is filling up…
- Mike suspects Chris has had a stroke, but it’s only a demi-stroke.
- The Ryan Intervention discussed…Created by our Enneagram One friend…
- Don’t lend other people’s stuff!
- He unwinds by doing woodworking, and his wife’s on his case. He offers drugs, alcoholism, massage parlours, as alternative ways to unwind. It works, because it’s really reframey!
- She saw it as an annoyance and a waste of time, but he shows the benefit.
- Books are on the way, and they’re awesome! Bo Bennett writes great stuff. 300 logical fallacies explained for you!
- Reductio ad Hitlerum is real! WTF??? Mike’s been doing this for years!
- By making someone seem to have something in common with Hitler, they automatically lose the argument!
- Underwires? Undergirds? Mike self-corrects to “undermines”!
- 12 years ago Mike accused Chris of being like Hitler because he’s left-handed!
- Can the brain process negatives? We’re really discussing the unconscious and it’s inability to handle negatives without deletion.
- Don’t PANIC!!!
- Make it easy for a stressed-out mind, by framing things in the positive. Tell people what to do, not what not to do…
- Even the unconscious mind is a model…
- Chris mentions autopsies now, which is weird, but Mike reigns him in…
- Beware the Straw Man! Conscious / Unconscious is only a model, but it’s a useful one!
- Walk the plank easily…unless it’s between two 50 storey buildings!
- Focus on crossing safely! If you focus on not falling…you probably will…
- The unconscious protects the physical body so it has somewhere to live!
- The intention might be protective, but ineffective…
- Mike alone on Huyckes Island…in the night…in the dark…Imagination on steroids.
- The 4 Stages of Competence!
- Bring in the emotions that will motivate!
- ADAC – Associate, Dissociate, Associate, Collapse!
Commercial Break: The Shyzzjig Corporation
- ADAC Continued…Associate into the problem…Dissociate from the problem…Stop!…Associate into a Powerful State (shopping for weapons)…Collapse them together!
- Point at that sucker, just like Milton Erickson!
- Repeat as needed…You are literally rewiring your brain, folks!
- Do it with a Pattern Interrupt too! Whoa! This stuff really comes out!
- Karl Smith and the backwards phone number! (I don’t even care!)
- Forests get paths from use. The brain’s the same!
- It’s sort of like the old NLP Swish Pattern, only better!
Empowering Question: What obsessive or compulsive thoughts will I erase from my mind?
Empowering Metaphor: The camping trip…
Mike and Chris will be taking the Hypnotic Storm to Las Vegas again in August! Come hang out with us and Storm Riders from around the world at the Orleans Hotel, and while you’re there, take our 2 day Introduction to Ericksonian Hypnosis.
Note: The November 13 – 17 Architecture of Hypnosis training in Toronto is already half full! Book now or wait until May 2018 for the next one! Click here for details!
Our first UK training is also coming up in November! It’s a hypnosis Master Class, so come on out! You get full certification in MINDSCAPING too…Go to the UK Hypnosis Academy Facebook page for details!
Ending: The cheese tray, the road accident, and the 4th Johnny…
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by email to info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com